let’s work together
We are looking for a Chairperson – Board of Directors (voluntary position) to join our current Board in the Netherlands. You are welcome to share your application through firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Friday 26 August 2022 (deadline extended). Please find all the details in this document:
Frostig Traineeship Program
The Frostig Traineeship Program runs for 1 year at a time and is open to new, Ugandan graduates who completed an undergraduate course related to inclusive education. Being a Frostig Trainee exposes you to the practical application of your knowledge and skills related to learning difficulties. It offers you hands-on experience in a paid position, as you get skilled up for future employment in this field.
Are you interest in becoming a Frostig Trainee? Cohort 4 will be recruited around February 2023!
Volunteering at Backup Uganda
Are you looking to find a place to share your expertise & learn more at the same time? A warm and sunny one, preferably with lots of fresh fruits? Looks like you found it!
We are open to national and international volunteers* who are qualified, passionate & courageous enough to strengthen our Uganda team in the areas of:
- Special needs education (focus on dyslexia, dyscalculia, ASD, AD(H)D, other behavioural difficulties)
- Educational psychology (specific learning difficulties and/or behavioural difficulties)
- Social media
- Photography & Videography
- Monitoring & Evaluation
Share your CV with us via email@example.com and we will get back to you sooner than ASAP!
* Please note that volunteer positions at Backup Uganda are not paid
become a partner
We are grateful and proud to be working together with other ground-breaking initiatives & local government departments in and beyond the education sector:
- Interested in inclusive education, especially for learners with learning difficulties?
- Looking for a replicable approach to individualized support that meets every child’s learning needs?
- Hoping to find a sustainable solution to addressing learning difficulties among learners at primary school level?
Would you like to…
- Receive professional training for your team on our approach to identifying and helping children with learning difficulties?
- Have us evaluate your current level of inclusiveness when it comes to your programs or your team, and work with you to integrate an effective, tailor-made approach into what you are currently doing?
- Let our team train your teachers or teaching facilitators in how to recognize and support learners with unique learning needs?
- Partner with us on implementing a project focused on inclusive education?
Looks like we are a match!
+31 38 4604615 (NL) / +256 7 72630078 (UG)
Zwolle, The Netherlands / Plot 3, Princess Road (The Innovation Village), PO Box 181, Gulu, Uganda
RSIN number: 8550.35.808